About Regional Access
Regional Access is a free telephone and online counselling service for people who are feeling the pressures and stresses of everyday life.
The Regional Access counselling service is available for anyone who lives or works in regional, rural or remote South Australia (i.e. outside of the Adelaide metropolitan region).
Professionally trained counsellors will listen and help you to develop strategies to manage what is causing you to feel stressed or overwhelmed. We can help with:
- Short-term depression
- Anger management
- Relationship and family problems
- Work stress
- Financial worries
- Low self-esteem
- Isolation and loneliness
- Grief and loss.
You can call us 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You don’t need a referral, so you can make the call at a time that suits you. The counselling service is free (local call charges may apply).
What to Expect
When you contact Regional Access, you will be able to:
- Speak with a professionally trained counsellor
- Call at any time – 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Talk to a counsellor about what’s going on with you and your stresses and concerns
- Develop strategies to manage your situation
- Have up to three 30 minute sessions with the same counsellor
- Be referred to a local face-to-face psychologist under a priority referral, if required.
Delivered by On the Line
Commissioned by the Country SA PHN, Regional Access is delivered by On the Line, a professional social health business with over 55 years’ experience providing counselling support services to the community.
On the Line listens and encourages people to feel better: building resilience, fostering healthy relationships, and connecting people with community support. On the Line is a national provider of some of Australia’s most vital and trusted services including MensLine Australia and Suicide Call Back Service.