About Regional Access
Regional Access is a free telephone and online counselling service for people who are feeling the pressures and stresses of everyday life, and reside and/or work in regional, rural or remote South Australia (eg. outside of the Adelaide metropolitan region).
Our professionally trained counsellors are ready to: listen, support and encourage you to find ways to connect with others and feel better. Each session is seen as unique. You and your counsellor will work on what is causing you to feel a ‘little off’ and develop strategies to best manage what’s going on
If you have a concern, a worry, or just want someone to talk to, Regional Access is here for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What to Expect
When you contact Regional Access, you can expect:
- To speak each and every time with a professional counsellor
- The service to be available 24/7 to support you in your time of need
- That each session will focus on what it is that’s going on for you
- You and your counsellor to develop strategies to manage what it is that’s causing you to worry or feel stressed
- To have up to three 30 minute sessions with the same counsellor
- If your needs increase, to be referred and seen by a local face-to-face psychologist under a priority referral.
Delivered by On the Line
Commissioned by the Country SA PHN, Regional Access is delivered by On the Line, a professional social health business with over 55 years’ experience delivering counselling support services to the community.
On the Line is a social health business, supporting and counselling people, anywhere and anytime. We listen and encourage people to feel better: building resilience, fostering healthy relationships, and connecting people with community support. With more than 55 years’ experience delivering mental health services to the community. On the Line is a national provider of some of Australia’s most vital and trusted services including MensLine Australia, Suicide Call Back Service and SuicideLine Victoria.