What is Regional Access?
Regional Access is a low intensity counselling service which provides free telephone and online counselling support to people in the Country SA PHN region 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
This service has been made possible by funding from Country SA PHN.
Regional Access is delivered by professionally trained counsellors who are experienced in mental health issues, relationship problems, anger management, wellbeing, and suicide prevention.
Who is Regional Access for?
Regional Access will provide 24/7 counselling support to people who are:
- at risk, or have experienced symptoms of distress or mild symptoms of mental ill health (i.e. anxiety or depression) for less than 12 months
- exiting (step down) a moderate to high intensity mental health service who need a brief psychological intervention which is decreased from that they were receiving.
The Service Model
Regional Access counsellors provide support across three main service functions:
- Intake, Assessment and Support: available 24/7, accessed by telephone or online chat
- Counselling and Support: available seven days a week between 09:00AM and 09:00PM AEST, providing people with up to three short-term counselling sessions
- Post-vention Support: following-up with callers at six weeks post-vention, to assess if their needs have been met or if service re-entry is required.
Working within a social model of health, all clients will be provided the highest quality of support to meet their whole of life issues, concerns and worries.
Order Regional Access Promotional Materials
Additional support services
Country SA PHN
Country SA PHN is the Primary Health Network set up to service the country regions of South Australia, increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery while improving the coordination of patient care.
Established by the Federal Government, we exist to bridge the gap of health inequity and access in rural South Australia by building a collaborative and responsive health care system.
Please visit our website to see additional programs and services we commission for Country South Australia.