Regional Access is a 24/7 telehealth counselling provider that offers free professional phone and online counselling for anyone who lives or works in regional, rural or remote South Australia (i.e. outside of the Adelaide metropolitan region).
You do not require a medical referral to initiate contact. This means you can access free professional counselling anywhere, at a time that is convenient to you.
Telehealth counselling is seen by many to be a helpful alternative to traditional face-to-face counselling because of its less confronting approach. Our professionally trained counsellors have specialist skills in working with you to work through any pain and distress you may be feeling. The counsellor will help you with goal planning, ensuring your own safety, and help to link you to other services in the community. All staff managing our telephone or online counselling services are qualified professional counsellors, social workers or psychologists, trained to follow a contextual counselling and problem solving process to listen, understand you, and help you find ways to feel better.
Regional Access counsellors can provide support for areas such as:
- Anger management
- Symptoms of anxiety or excessive worry
- Financial worries
- Coping with grief and loss
- Isolation and loneliness
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship issues and family problems
- Coping with sadness
- Symptoms of depression
- Stress relief
- Work stress and work-life balance
Always call 000 if it’s an emergency.
Signs you might need counselling support:
- Feeling low on energy often
- Losing interest in activities you used to enjoy
- Difficulty sleeping or oversleeping often
- Feeling anxious, stressed or irritable
- Feeling sad, numb or empty
- Conflict in your relationships
- Constant worrying
- Difficulty doing day to day tasks
- Avoiding social engagements
- Difficulty controlling anger.
Call and talk with a professional counsellor now on 1300 032 186 anywhere, anytime. Our helpline is open 24/7, 365 days a year with caring staff who are ready to listen and provide support when you need it.
Access Regional Access online counselling and chat with a counsellor anywhere, anytime.
- Real-time chat with a professional counsellor
- A focused session lasting up to thirty minutes. Your online counsellor will advise you when your session is coming to a close
- A free service available 24/7.
How to access online chat:
- To access online counselling, simply click the floating chat button to the right of the screen
- A pop-up chat widget will then appear
- Enter your details in the mandatory fields and if one of our professional counsellors are available, you will be able to chat with them straight away
- There is no longer a need to register your details on our website.
Disclaimer: The images are licensed stock photography. All photography is for illustrative purposes only and are unrelated to client feedback. Client names have been changed.
Please note Regional Access is only available to people living or working in regional, rural or remote South Australia (i.e. outside of the Adelaide metropolitan region), aged 15 years and older (18 for video chat). Unfortunately, we cannot provide assistance to people outside of this area or overseas and we recommend you contact your nearest support service.
Befrienders Worldwide provides information about suicide and emotional support services worldwide in multiple languages.